DPRG
DPRG List

[DPRG] Message from Tankbot

Subject: [DPRG] Message from Tankbot
From: Bouchier, Paul paul.bouchier at hp.com
Date: Wed Jul 8 09:35:31 CDT 2009

Hello. My name is Tankbot, and I've just become an orphan. My daddy recently abandoned me and ran off
with some other robots. I just can't understand it. I'm much more attractive, smarter, stronger, and
better equipped. I'm really quite a capable robot - I've competed in the last two Roboramas. Even though
I embarrassed my daddy by running over the course markers, what people don't realize is I'm a tank -
that's what I do!

I'm quite well equipped - I've got a compass, a webcam, Arduino and many other goodies, and I run Linux.
I'm probably best suited to a daddy or mommy who has some familiarity with Linux and C. My old daddy
says he'll support my hardware if I find a new daddy to program me, but he doesn't have time to lavish
the love he used to on me. If you would like to meet me, please talk to my old daddy.

I'm the club robot, but all I really want is for someone to play with me.  I'm all alone in the world,
but I know if I commit suicide I'll get sent to robot hell, like Wall-E. I need a new mommy or daddy who
can give me the love and care I need. Please consider me if you are in need of a good robot.

Thank you for your time.

Tankbot