DPRG
DPRG List

[DPRG] ALL-CON Convention Next Fri-Sun Schedule & Request for Help/Participatation

Subject: [DPRG] ALL-CON Convention Next Fri-Sun Schedule & Request for Help/Participatation
From: DeltaGraph at aol.com DeltaGraph at aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 1 02:20:32 CST 2008

Fellow DPRG Folks:

The All-Con Convention that we are participating in is next Friday-Sun
(March 7-9)
We will NOT be having a March Meeting as this event falls on 2nd  Saturday.
For those who have missed earlier posts to the list, details on  the All-Con
convention being held at the Crown Plaza Hotel 14315  Midway Road -- Addison
are on their website  _www.all-con.org_ (http://www.all-con.org)

This is a call for robots and their owners to show up -- AND -- also we can
use some robotless owners, but
please bring a robot or two in any stage of completion for demo at table  and
possibly at one of the 2 panel discussions / presentations we are scheduled
to do.

WE NEED SOMEONE TO HELP COORDINATE WHAT DAYS/TIMES WE WILL HAVE  PEOPLE ABLE
TO ATTEND THE DPRG TABLE.  PLEASE EMAIL ME.

We will have 10 complimentary passes, and need to allocate those first come
first serve.
If our staff exceeds the number by a small margin, I would say we can get
DPRG to pick up some of the slack as the entry fee is $15.

Here is  how we are billed on the All-Con Page
Dallas Personal Robotics Group
The DPRG introduces  robotics for today. They've constructed gizmos to
demonstrate practical (or not)  application of robotic technology as it exists and
is available now. We don't  have flying cars in 2008, but we do have ...
well... maybe you'd better come and  see for  yourself.

We will have a table + are doing 2 presentations , One Friday and One
Saturday

Fridays Presentation will be Robot Demonstration
  I plan to demonstrate Tip + Skipper + Use of Computer Graphics with
Robotics.
  Need more folks to do Demos.   Maybe will to show  off his version of an
Star Wars Imperial Walker
  (Cow II)  +  WE NEED MORE PEOPLE and  ROBOTS

Saturdays Presentation will be Martin talking about getting started in
Robotics.
  I think he has some assistance from Glenn?

Both presentations will have a data projector available.

Schedule

Friday
Table Setup 9-11
Table Operates 11am-6pm
DPRG Presentation - Trinity II Ballroom 6:00pm (Ron Grant   + others   robot
demonstration)
Convention runs til 2am

Saturday
Table Setup 8-9
Table Operates 9-6 (maybe we close table down at 4:30 -- leaving sign on
table for talk)
DPRG Presentation - Dogwood Room 5 PM  (Martin Meier -  Getting Started In
Robotics)
Convention runs til 2am

Sunday

Table Setup 8-9